Sunday, August 31, 2008

Home Cooking - One Bowl Cocoa Brownies

Yesterday was a full on day due to 2 HUGE events happening on the same day, one after the other. I was up early again and very excited about dance events Shadow Wars III and Looze Control finals so I had a sudden urge to bake some brownies. This recipe is courtesy of Anna from Cookies Madness (such a good blog with heaps and heaps of recipes ^^) so another big thanks to her for this One Bowl Cocoa Brownies which I noticed due to one of her Top 10 lists.

This recipe is exactly as she described it: simple, inexpensive, portable and taste very good but alas my brownies turned out to be a little too dry but that was probably due to me either adding not enough butter/too much flour or baked a bit too long. I still recommend this recipe for anyone who loves brownies though but I would melt some chocolate into it as well instead of just using cocoa powder. Anna also very kindly sent me another recipe which I shall make when I have the time so thanks to her again!

Enough rant here comes the ingredients.
176g butter
1 2/3c granulated sugar
3/4c cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I did not have any so mine did not include)
3 large eggs
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/3 plain flour
12 walnut halves (optional)

Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. I used a smaller pan as I wanted thicker brownies but Anna used a 13 x 9 inch pan.

Melt butter in microwave-safe mixing bowl and whisk in the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and the eggs. Whisk until mixture is smooth and then add the salt and baking powder and whisk thoroughly. Make sure there are no lumps from the baking powder and that it is distributed throughout the whole mixture.

Stir in the flour (do not beat) and then pour into the pan making sure to spread it as evenly as possible. Arrange the walnuts if you have opted to include them.

Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool before cutting into 12 or 16 or even 20 pieces depending on how big you want them.

This brownie did make a good start to the day and the dryness is easily solved by serving these with a nice glass of milk ^^!

Enjoyyyyyy!

Now I cannot resist putting up some photos of the International LEGENDS that came to judge Shadow Wars III.

Benny (Republic of South Africa), Pelezino (Brazil) and Physicx (Korea)

Lilou (France), Roxrite (USA) and Hong 10 (Korea)

The battles and judge showcases were awesommmmeeee!!! Wish I could watch them perform live again... absolutely inspirational!!!
Too bad my camera battery died for Looze Control as I had friends showcasing and performing but I was unable to take photos or videos :( and also was unable to take photos of our supper at Mamak. But I am sure we will end up going to Mamak again soon.

FFichiban

1 comment:

Home Generator Denton said...

Interesting thoughts, I really enjoyed your blog