Thursday, August 7, 2008

Home Cooking - Peanut Butter topped Chocolate Brownies

Wow where to start... ok continuing with my PB and choc frenzy I found a gem of a recipe from Tara at Should You Eat That?. To put it simply they are amazing, drool-inducing, tongue tantalizing bites of heaven which causes angels to descend upon you on puffy white clouds made of fairy floss and sprinkling manna all around you... I cannot thank Tara enough for this recipe haha. The balance of the chocolate to the peanut butter is just perfect even though I didnt follow the recipe to the letter and mine do look quite different to hers'. Anyway, enough rambling on because I am sure everyone is eager to get onto the recipe and of course the photoooss! Soooooo here comes the ingredients.

175g dark or milk chocolate
100g unsalted butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten

215g (1C) caster sugar
75g (1/2C) plain flour
2Tbsp cocoa powder
200g (3/4C) crunchy peanut butter


For my brownies I used Lindt Milk Chocolate because I still have lots left over from the Lindt warehouse sale a while back and instead of of caster sugar I used confectioner's sugar, and also my peanut butter was randomly dolloped around on top so I was not too sure how much I ended up using. In cooking sometimes I just base measurements on "feeling" hee hee (ie I'm too lazy to measure them out accurately).

Tara also mentioned to use 16cm x 26cm pan but I found it a little to big but only slightly as I didn't have enough batter to spread it evenly into the corners but yeah that again is only a minor detail and not very important.

Firstly, break or chop up the chocolate roughly and microwave with the butter at 1 minute bursts until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Combine the flour, cocoa powder and sugar in a different bowl. Once the chocolate mix is smooth stir in the eggs and the flour mixture but keep in mind not to overmix.


Pour the mixture into a pan lined with baking paper and then dollop on the peanut butter and you can then create swirls with a knife or skewer but I ended up just lumping on the peanut butter until I thought fit. Now we bake the mixture in a pre-heated oven for roughly 40mins at 160 degrees C. Crumbs should cling to a toothpick/skewer stuck into the brownie when its ready, allow to cool for a few minutes and then serve with a nice glass of milk.


I have to say again these brownies are absolutely divine and will brighten anybody's day. Perfect food for a rainy/stormy grey afternoon like today. I'm also pretty sure this would win over any non peanut butter and chocolate fans out there so go on and give this a try! It is surprisingly easy to bake since even I can do it hee hee :P

Here are some more photos with me trying to be artsy so please enjoy!


NOTE OF WARNING: These brownies may cause hallucinations... Bake at own risk!!


FFichiban

2 comments:

Tara said...

Glad you enjoyed these!

I also found mine to be a little thin (due to the tin being too big), but they were pretty rich so I didn't mind them like that.

Love the artsy photos :)

PS - Weren't you meant to be looking through my archives for 'healthy' recipes? haha...

Anonymous said...

Yayyy thhxx! Haha you are right but... right now I'm eyeing your cinnamon & jam donut muffins >_< hahah so bad.