Friday, October 3, 2008

Crust Gourmet Pizza Bar - Sydney


When we decided to order pizza, I was more than happy to suggest this new gourmet pizza bar - Crust. I am not a big fan of the greasy greasy pizzas that comes dripping in their boxes from Pizza Hut, Pizza Haven, Dominos etc.

Considering they are gourmet pizzas and were delivered they were decently priced. Whoever came up with the idea of delivering gourmet pizzas is a genius because having this in the comfort of your own home is just a splendid way of spending a quiet and relaxing evening while watching some movies or TV series (Kitchen Nightmares XD).

They have locations around NSW, Queensland and Victoria and you can easily locate the closest one to your humble abode through their website store locator.


Crust also aims at turning pizzas into a healthier food instead of the usual perception of pizza being junk food. They have a variety of pizzas with the Heart Foundation Tick and the freshness of their ingredients can be tasted in their pizzas.

Reading through all of their different varieties of pizzas from their online menu got me drooling especially when there are ingredients like caramelized onions, buffalo mozzarella, gorgozola blue cheese, french brie, boccocini cheese etc mmmm so I wanted to order one of each! But alas I am only human and settled on three choices this time. The wait is not too long but once the pizzas had arrived we quickly opened them to release the indescribable aroma of fresh gourmet pizzas.


Roast Beef Tick Pizza - Roast Beef Fillets, Whole Button Mushrooms, Oven Roasted Potato, Caramelised Onions, Roasted Capsicum, Mozzarella Cheese ($15)

Trying to stay healthy we tried out one of the Tick pizzas. The tick pizzas are only 10" so they are smaller than the L-sized pizzas and I was thinking that the smaller serving contributes to it being a healthier choice. This pizza had a light flavour without being bland but the highlight for me were the caramelized onions. The sweetness of the onions just lingers on the tongue a little bit longer than the other flavours and just tantalizes your taste buds. I found the beef a little tough as it was most likely rump and I am accustomed to marbled wagyu haha. The potatoes slices were slightly undercooked but complimented the beef well.


Sausage Duo - Italian Sausage, Chorizo Sausage, Roasted Capsicum, Caramelised Onions, Buffalo Mozzarella (M-$18 L-$22)

The combinations of the ingredients and flavours in this pizza were perfect. The subtle spiciness of the sausages were matched beautifully with the sweetness of, again, the caramelised onions. I was a bit disappointed with the amount of buffola mozzarella though. I was hoping for a generous serving of it as I absolutely adore buffalo mozzarella but this was a very good choice in pizza and hence it being listed as an award-winning pizza (which award I'm not quite sure but it is worth ordering in my books).


Peri-Peri - Portuguese – style chicken breast fillets, roasted capsicum, caramelised onions, shallots, Bocconcini cheese topped with a hot peri-peri sauce (M-$15.50 L-$19.50)

This selection would have to be my favourite out of the three I have tried. The peri-peri sauce was just divine... when you take the first bite the mouth explodes with a sweetness and then a slower spiciness seeps in. If it was up to me I would have made the sauce a bit spicer as it was too mild but it was very good nevertheless. The chicken breast were surprising not dry at all and very tender. Once again I shall mention the onions as a complimenting ingredient but so were the shallots and capsicum.

My first experience of Crust was definitely a memorable one. I would like to specifically mention that they are quite generous with their toppings so there are no bare patches of base anywhere. The most disappointing issue was their crust/base even though they are called Crust, I think their base was just slightly undercooked. The toppings were cooked to a nice crisp on top and melted cheese throughout but the base was still a bit doughy in the middle, just slightly. All in all this is the best delivered pizza I have had and I will be ordering again for sure ^^!

Crust
Store Locator
Menu
Opening Times may vary from store to store but usually open 5pm and close 10:30pm

FFichiban

No comments: